Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hollowland - the first book in the young adult dystopian series The Hollows..

Book Description: "This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."

Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

My Review: LOVED IT!! OK, it may just be the fact that I'm an odd kinda gal' that loves me some horror movies and what's more classic than zombies?? I have seen just about every zombie movie so I was super excited to learn that the same person who wrote the Trylle series wrote a zombie book too! Even more exciting is that it's a series called The Hollows. This was only the first book but I loved it. I love seeing how people learn to survive in a world wide pandemic situation getting really creative with the ways the deal with the zombie. A strain of the rabies virus has started to mutate humans and turn them into ravenous monsters. When almost the whole world population is wiped out, those few survivors fight to find a way to save their race. It even involves pet lions who rather enjoy killing zombies once all there Las Vegas show owners are killed off. OK, try not to think me crazy for loving this book, but it was such an entertaining and suspenseful read. Trust me, just try it!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...