Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Matched

So, the latest book I eventually made it through was Matched, by Allyson Condie. I seem to really be drawn to futuristic,(but not really sci-fyish)books. Matched was a great example of that. Cassia is our lead living in a world far from our future now and seems to enjoy having the "society" decide just about everything about they way she lives. From what she eats and wears, to actually deciding who she is to be "matched" with as her future husband. She eventually starts to see cracks in the society especially with falling in love with someone who is not her matched  man. I was more excited about the idea and story than I was the actually book. I got about half way through and was still sort of waiting for the author to really grab my attention and make me want to stay up well into the night reading. After I finished the book it was just sort of an "meh" reaction. As in it was ok but nothing great. This book is part of a trilogy and knowing that gives me hope. The end of Matched gives me hope that the second book will actually be much more exciting and keep my attention better. Let's hope! Bring on Crossed...released in November of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...