Monday, January 17, 2011

Beastly


Ever since I first saw Beauty and the Beast, it has remained my favorite Disney movie of all time. I have read several versions of the classic story and one I read most recently was Beastly. I saw that this was being made into a movie and I love to read the books before seeing the movie. This was an awesome retelling of that classic story and I loved it. It has a lot of parallels to the original Disney version but in a modern retelling of the story with some fun new characters. It was one of the books that have a big moral to it as well being the old adage, "Beauty is only skin deep." While this is often a theme in several love stories, being able to fall in love with a man who looks like a beast is still my favorite. I loved the book and look forward to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...