Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paranormalcy


I was pleasantly surprised when I came across Paranormalcy. It was referred by a friend who actually got to interview the author so I thought I'd give it a read. Turns out it was great! It involved a ton of different paranormal creatures and events so of course I loved it. There are a few new character creatures that I had never heard of that were so unique. Lend who is a shape-shifter, love him! The story sort of starts out with our lead girl, Evie, short for Evelyn, as a Buffy the Vampire Slayer sort of figure born and raised to bag and tag paranormals. She has a gift that no other paranormal catcher has which makes her pretty unique and incredible valuable to the center she's a part of. Only later does she realize that maybe she isn't really making the world a safer place by neutralizing paranormals and she’s bound to find out the truth, while still making time to be a regular teenage girl. This book kept my attention the whole way and gave Evie a lot of relatable qualities that made you like her even more. I’d suggest it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...