Monday, January 17, 2011

The Hunger Games


Ok ok, by now it seems everyone has heard of The Hunger Games, but just in case you have been living in a cave somewhere the last year or two, you may have missed one of the best books to have been published in what seems like forever. This book is probably one of my all time favorites, if not the favorite. I'd also like to point out that I read this book ages ago when no one had heard of it and I started telling anyone who would listen that they had to read it. From the first chapter, this book sucked me in and I flew through the series. Having to wait for the final book to come out seemed like torture. Suzanne Collins is the author of this fantastic series that remains one that people continue to talk about long after they have read it. The brilliant plot and story line absolutely carries this series. She is another author who really knows how to develop a character to make an audience really fall for them. This book is intense but more than that is the story line that is unlike anything I have read before. I envy Collins' kind of creative genius it takes to be able to create a futuristic world but keeps it so simple and relatable that it is believable for its time. As long as they don't slaughter the book like some, I wouldn't mind seeing this book on the big screen one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...