Friday, January 21, 2011

Southern Lights


I think I can pretty much credit my mom for my love of reading and books as that has always been one of her favorite past times too. I can remember growing up and even now, she has always been a huge Danielle Steel fan. One day when I ran out of books on my own shelf to read, I ventured down to mom's room to rummage through her collection. I pulled out a few hopefuls, and not really expecting much, I started to read Southern Lights, by Danielle Steel. While my mom has read almost every one of her books, this was my first. I can now honestly say that I like her a lot and enjoy reading her books. I still have a ton to go compared to mom but can't wait to read more of her work. This book takes place in the deep south of Charleston where it's a small town life but very high class blue bloods. Alexa is the assistant D.A. living in Manhattan working a high profile case of a convicted serial killer, but now that he's been caught, she's getting threats to herself and her 17 year old daughter. Alexa decides to send her daughter to live with her ex-husband,(bitter divorce there) in Charleston, they town she couldn't get away from fast enough after her divorce. It follows the lives of these women, one dealing with 11 years of heartache and the other forced to move to a new town during her senior year. Heartwarming watching the bonds of family come together in an unconventional way.

*** Special thanks to my mom. You started my love of reading and I haven't been able to put books down since. I love being able to share this passion with you. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...